I am so excited November is finally here! It is my favorite time of the year, as I get to pull out all of the winter and holiday decorations. Our home becomes filled with family and friends from near and far, as we all celebrate the holiday festivities. Each year I try to out-do the previous year (with fun and interesting decorations), so I am always looking for holiday design tips. DownEast Home just released some really nice entertaining ideas to help get your home ready for this holiday season.
Here are some great holiday design tips for every room in the house from the staff at DownEast Home & Clothing:
- Having a large family gathering in a tight living space? Make things seem less crammed by ensuring everyone has a seat. Instead of buying folding chairs you only use at times like this, consider re-doing your living room with a new sofa that features a generously sized ottoman. The ottoman can seat two in a pinch, and once the guests pack up and leave, it becomes an instant table when topped with a tray any day of the year.
- Think it’s a not-too-wise expenditure to buy holiday-themed decorations you’ll only use a few weeks out of the year? Go fresh, colorful and in-season with branches, bowls of fruit or floral arrangements instead to brighten up a guest room dresser or living room end table, without breaking the bank.
- Many guests appreciate nothing more than a great night’s sleep after their long trip. Instead of offering the fold-out couch in the spare room to guests who have traveled so far, consider investing in the long-term value of a new mattress. Dress it up with matching linens and comfy new pillows for a true guest room experience.
- It may be the smallest room in the house – but the bathroom is one place where it’s incredibly affordable to re-design without ripping up the floor or putting in a new, expensive countertop. Just replacing floor mats, towels, accessories and wall hangings can change the entire look and feel of the room.
- Even if you’re not in the market for a new dining room table, you can make a brand new, festive statement simply by adding a new centerpiece, dishes or accessories. In particular, glass accessories illuminate and enhance the style you may already have established in a room. You can also embrace the seasonal harvest theme with decorative wooden or grapevine balls stacked in vases or bowls on shelves, or even as a centerpiece.
For additional home design tips throughout the year, read the ‘At Home with DownEast Home’ blog and keep up to date on deals and special promotions by following DownEast Home & Clothing on Facebook.