It was not long ago we were working on remodeling our kitchen. It was a long process in which I often found my dream kitchen far from my working budget. Although the finished results are stunning, small kitchen remodeling can come with a big price tag
Here are six ways to remodel a kitchen on a budget from KitchenRemodeling.net.
1. One of the most dramatic ways to update this room is to add new cabinets. However, if a homeowner has been blessed with solid wood boxes, frames and doors, they should reface rather than replace. This option allows the original cabinets to stay in the home but adds a fresh new look.
2. Granite countertops scream expensive luxury kitchen; generally this is due to sticker shock. When kitchen remodeling on a budget, this look can be achieved by purchasing a granite overlay. These are stone shells that are placed over the existing countertop. People can also look into alternative, more creative options, such as recycled glass tile countertops.
3. One of the finest flooring choices for a kitchen remodeling is marble. But if one doesn’t want to break the bank, they can opt to install ceramic tile. There are a wide variety of choices available to complement any design ideas. In the past laminate was easy to look down upon, but today there are higher-quality options available that should not be ignored.
4. Stainless steel appliances are beautiful, though the cost is less than desirable. A more cost-effective alternative is stainless steel finish appliances. These offer the same look, level of quality and protection but are much cheaper.
5. Lighting is often overlooked by people remodeling their kitchen but is always admired by guests when a beautiful choice is installed. There are countless lighting options available. Remodelers should not be afraid to be bold and creative when choosing their light fixtures. These can be the centerpiece of the room. With all the options available, it is hard not to find a stunning piece at a low-cost price by shopping around.
6. Add a backsplash. This may seem like a simple item, but it really completes a kitchen. These not only protect the walls but they also can add a lot of pizzazz to a room. There are many choices available, such as colorful ceramic or glass tiles that can be placed in creative patterns.