Recently there has been a widespread ‘glamping’ movement in the UK. But what is it? It is camping in style with elaborate fashionable tents and furnishings – all of the luxury you can imagine while enjoying the great outdoors! If you are familiar with old movies, then you know glamping is not new. When kings and queens traveled to far off lands they brought all the luxuries of home with them – fabulous tents, glamorous furnishings and plenty of servants for cooking, cleaning and entertaining. These days the campsite employees take care of those needs for you and you don’t have to take your entire household with you. All you need are a few personal items; everything else is taken care of.
These camp sites offer the best, most luxurious tents around. When you enter one of these tents, called yurts, you feel like you have stepped into a five-star hotel room. Each may have its own special theme. The choices are vast and varied. For example, one site – Lincoln Yurts – boasts five themes:
- Gothic – offers a six-foot0high Gothic bed with matching Gothic furniture
- French – includes a four-poster bed with French distressed cream colored furniture
- Oriental – features oriental furniture painted in traditional colors and an exquisite king sized water bed
- African – inspired by the safari look, you get soft furnishings complimented by rosewood lattice furniture
- Mongolian – specially crafted Mongolian furniture imported exclusively for glamping
Many sites offer additional amenities such as a large shared cabin with shower rooms and flushing toilets all finished to the highest of standards. These sites are in close proximity to wild animals, so a strict curfew of midnight must be observed. You don’t necessarily have to go to sleep, but all music and noise must cease at that time.
There are special entertainers for the little ones which include face painters and dancing artists. Plus, these sites will cater special events and large parties of all kinds. You can also enjoy:
- Holistic therapies performed by fully trained, qualified Reiki masters. These include Indian head massage, reflexology, hopi ear candle treatments, hot stone therapy, reiki therapy, manicures, pedicures and seaweed wraps.
- Casino night without real money – just for fun. Expert croupiers will teach you and entertain you with tricks and secrets of playing blackjack and roulette.
- Breakfast in bed! You have to put in your request a head of time, check for availability and select your meal. Then, in the morning relax and your breakfast will be brought right to your bed.
- A bouquet of welcome flowers and a bottle of champagne waiting for you in your yurt. Arrangements have to be made in advance.
- Riding lessons. If you love horses, this is a great opportunity to climb aboard the majestic creature and learn from an expert horse trainer or riding instructor how to handle the animal. Afterwards you can take a fabulous trek on horseback.
So, don’t just go camping. Go camping with fashion, style and luxury!